Multicultural Youth Substance Abuse Prevention Program
The goal of this program is to prevent substance abuse by building positive attitudes, values, behaviors, and skills. Our target population is at-risk refugee and immigrant youth in grades 1-5 or 9-12 and their families that are experiencing problems relating to behaviors that have caused concern in the home, school, and/or community.
- Evidence-based, curriculum-based developmentally appropriate life skills classes
- Alternative activities for adults and youth
- Presentations for adults or youth on substance abuse issues in the community
- Community networking and collaboration to promote substance abuse prevention
- Referrals for substance abuse prevention, treatment, or other social services