Guidelines for donating items:
We insist that items donated to Mosaic are new or gently used in excellent condition, to uphold the dignity of our survivors. Items that do not meet our guidelines will not be accepted or will be thrown away if dropped off at our office. Please respect the dignity of our clients and the time of our staff and volunteers by only giving high quality items.
Items donated must:
- Be in working condition (i.e., toys, electronics, kitchen appliances, etc.)
- Not have sharp edges, breaks, tears, cracks, or chips as this can be a safety hazard
- Be cleaned thoroughly before donating. We cannot accept items covered in pet hair, uncleaned kitchen appliances, or items with stains or food residue. We cannot accept items that have been chewed on or colored on.
- If an item has multiple pieces (i.e., toys, train sets, dolls, etc.) the pieces must all be organized together in a bag or box and separated from other items so that we know what items belong together.
- If donating dolls they need to be clothed and have all the pieces (i.e., both shoes)
- We do not accept books, used clothing or furniture. To donate clothing, contact our partners at Trusted World. To donate furniture, contact our partner Deliberate.