In a single day, nearly 11,000 requests for help from survivors of domestic violence go unmet. Of those requests, 56% are for safe housing due to lack of shelter space and limited funding for alternative housing. When Mosaic House is full, we need YOUR help to place survivors in hotel rooms.
There’s now an app for that and we’re partnering with SafeNight to provide safe alternative housing for survivors of domestic violence and human trafficking. SafeNight is a mobile service that alerts donors to opportunities to securely fund hotel rooms when shelters are full or unavailable. This new app will help Mosaic House fund safe alternative housing instead of having to put clients on a waiting list. With this app, we hope to increase the number of clients we can serve.
It is so incredibly easy to download the app and sign up to help. You can donate small increments like $20 and help provide a safe night for someone in need.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
1. Download the “SafeNight” app. For Apple users, click here. For Android users, click here.
2. Set up a New User Profile
3. Select “Texas” and “Mosaic Family Services”
4. Set notification preferences
5. Watch for Mosaic SafeNight alert
6. Sponsor a safe night by responding to the alert
For questions, please contact Sulan Chang at [email protected] or 214-823-5393 x258.